Advice For Patients Attending The Haven Dental Practice During The COVID-19 Pandemic
- If your answer to any of the COVID-19 screening questions changes from a no to a yes please do NOT attend the practice. Contact us and we will do our best to help you remotely (see the end of this letter for the standard COVID questions).
- You will be sent a link to complete your medical history online, please complete this before you attend the practice.
- When you next see us we may be wearing more personal protective equipment (PPE) than you are used to seeing us wearing, I promise we are all still the same people underneath!
- Please bring a face covering with you and wear it from when you arrive at the practice until the dentist is ready to examine your mouth. If you don’t have one you can purchase one from us for £1 but as there is a shortage of PPE we would be most grateful if you could please bring your own.
- Please could you use the lavatory and brush your teeth before visiting us as we are trying to reduce the footfall to extended areas around the practice.
- Please only attend at your appointment time and do not come early so we don’t have more people in the practice than is safe. You’ll be asked to wait in your car where possible.
- The front door will be locked, when you arrive please call the reception number on 01189 664919 to let us know you are here. When on the phone, the reception team will:
- Check your medical history hasn’t changed
- Ask if your answers are still the same to the COVID-19 screening questions
- We are only accepting credit and debit cards to decrease the amount of contact we have with our patients and that you have with the team, this terminal is wiped down after each use. In some cases we may need to take payment over the phone either before or after your appointment.
- Where possible please come alone to your appointment, this is to avoid any unnecessary people in the practice (only one adult per child).
- Please only bring minimal belongings into the practice eg. car keys, wallet and phone, leave everything else in your car or at home.
- During your appointment we would ask you to use a tissue if you need to cough or sneeze and we will dispose of it straight away.
- At your appointment time you will be met by a team member wearing appropriate PPE.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser in the lobby.
- If you bring personal belongings with you you will be asked to place them in a box outside the surgery (this will be disinfected after every use).
- You will be escorted directly into the surgery.
- Once in the surgery please keep your face mask on until the dentist asks you to remove it, then keep hold of it so you can put it back on at the end of your appointment.
- At the end of treatment, you will be asked to use the hand sanitiser in the lobby and collect your belongings before we escort you to reception or let you out the front door.
COVID 19 screening questions:
- Are you waiting for a COVID19 test or result?
- Have you tested positive for COVID19 in the last 7 days?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- new continuous cough
- high temperature or fever
- loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste?
- Do you live with someone who has either tested positive for COVID19 or had symptoms of COVID19 in the last 14 days?